Catharsis Catharsis

nice, reminds me of rameses b

Geoplex responds:

Ooh, nice! Good to hear haha, thanks

Robot Junkyard Robot Junkyard

epic tune. Really love the harshness of the drums, theyre mixed so well it works. the chord progression is awesome and I love the strange sound you have panning left to right - I love how you finish the tune with just that sound. The tune is short but sweet - doesn't need to go on any longer and does not feel forced at all. my favourite bit is just after the drum break in the middle around 0:55 where the sine wavey synth thing walks up the scale.

Great job

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks man! It's great to hear you liked it, along with how I made the drums sound. At first, I wasn't sure what kind of a sound I wanted, so I settled for whatever this is xD
The chord progression is basically just Dm (Well, the intro has some effects too), and nothing more apart from a few notes that could belong to a C? That is, except for near the end, where the piano plays a simple progression.

Cool that you noticed the panning effects/sounds! It's actually one of the presets from Firebird 2 (which is free nowadays); I noticed that if you hold in the notes, and have multiple octaves play them, they keep on making weird noises. So I kinda just rolled with it, and made them a bit more silent and panned them, in order to make something happen in the background :'D

I'm really stoked to hear it doesn't sound forced to you! That is one of the things I was worrying the most about.
I'm also glad you like those two synth sounds blended together, after 0:55. I was afraid it would come across weirdly in the mix!

You really eased my mind on a couple of things here, thanks a ton! :3

The Monsters Inside Me Episode 4: Joshua Embers The Monsters Inside Me Episode 4: Joshua Embers

Great concept - sets a really dark tone - the recording quality brings it down for me

JayWEccent responds:

Thank you very much. I am in the transition between editors now so the quality will get better I promise.

Shadow Noir Shadow Noir

You guys created this??? This is awesome, never heard anything like this on NG audio portal. instant download!!!

JayWEccent responds:

Thank you very much, that means a lot to me. Thanks for the comment and download. Everybody worked so hard to bring this to everyone. In the end Mandi was the glue that held it together and made it sound good regardless of the sound quality. Some of us were just using regular computer mics. All the actors were awesome and poured sweat into every scene. New stuff will be coming out soon so keep an eye out.

Quantifiable Quantifiable

This is really good stuff mate, love the synth you use for the main chord progression even if it is quite basic it really works with everything else in the tune. Bass sounds great and love the interesting noises you use in the back especially at the start of the tune. The first minute of the song really reminds me of Music is Math by Boards of Canada. I love how you've layered multiple recordings of the vocals, it makes them stand out a bit more then if it was just one. Drums are pretty interesting and everything is very well mixed. This song have a very dark trippy tone to it with I love. You have a very unique sound, good job!

Under The Bleeding Sun Under The Bleeding Sun

this is a beautiful soundscape mate. the delays are perfect and I love those subtle high frequencies that I hear every now and then. I love the vocals that pop up every now and then. The rain is a nice touch however it goes on for too long when the song finishes in my opinion.

this would be perfect behind a game menu. Great job mate.

FD - Haze FD - Haze

this is some great music mate. You've created a really interesting atmosphere that sounds peaceful yet really unsettling at points because of the different textures you use. Love the detail in the drums and FX especially at 4:00. At points this sounds like some Boards of Canada stuff on Geogaddi. The bass sounds great, mixing is solid and it's very well arranged. Can't really fault this mate it's just good music!

Nice work

ForgottenDawn responds:

Hey thanks mate, I appreciate it! :)
Boards of Canada is really good, I enjoy it sometimes. Interestingly enough I was also kinda influenced by Massive Attack. The whole Mezzanine album is one of the greatest works I've ever heard.

Silver Fang - Main Theme (Piano) Silver Fang - Main Theme (Piano)

beautifully played as always. keep it up man

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks man! Great to hear you like it :)

128 128

Solid production mate. Everything sounds crisp and clear, kick hits in the right spot. big tune and really interesting work. great job on the tempo change too!

BRUCE: Audra's Theme BRUCE: Audra's Theme

oh man this scats me out. very eerie. violin sounds so natural. all the music and instrumentation gels together nicely. I like that you used.... shit samples for the saxophone, it gives it a really unearthly character which really enhances that unsettling feeling that the track gives me. Great job on this one mate

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Glad to hear you like it! I used a keyswitch in EWQLSO to be able to tweak the violin sound somewhat, as I wanted it to feel alive, in one way or another. It's also good that the piece works despite the saxophone sound :D I did my best to use it in a way that fits with the rest of the atmosphere. Your latest track is pretty cool! If I get the time, I'll review it later :)
Thanks for listening!